Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are the best pickled eggs I have ever had.They don't last long in my house.Try them and see what you think.
- 1 1⁄2-2 dozen eggs
- 2 (15 ounce) cans beets
- 30 ounces apple cider vinegar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 medium onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons pickling spices
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black peppercorns
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- 2 -3 cups water
- 1 gallon glass container
- Place eggs in pan and cover with water.Bring to rapid boil and remove from heat.Place lid on it that does not release the steam and set your timer for 15 minutes.Perfect boiled eggs every time!
- While waiting for eggs to get done,dump the 2 cans of sliced beets into jar.Then fill each can with vinegar and pour them into jar.Put remaining items in and stir gently.When eggs are done crack and peel them.Drop them into jar.When all eggs are in,fill the rest of the jar up with water.Stir gently and refrigerate for at least 24 hours.Enjoy!
Outstanding. Beets and pickled eggs, doesnt get much better than that! Thanks.
When I was younger I never much cared for pickled eggs. Recently I've discovered that I like pretty much anything you can pickle so I thought I'd try pickled eggs again. I halved this recipe, using 11 eggs (I ruined one peeling or I'd have had a dozen) and a red onion. I tried one after 24 hours then let them sit for 2 more days before trying again. Not a huge difference, but they do taste a little bit more pickled now than 2 days ago. I'm very glad I decided to try pickled eggs again! I appreciated finding a recipe that didn't have sugar as I don't care for sweet pickles. Thanks for posting your recipe!