6 hrs 15 mins
I created this recipe because I wanted the ease of the crockpot AND wanted to use some spinach I had in the freezer. This recipe is great because you can use frozen ingredients!! I'm really proud of my creation because it's tasty, mostly healthy and everyone loved it! You can play around with the cheese toppings. I had planned to use Swiss, but used Monterey Jack instead because it was what I had on hand. I had also planned to use 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese, but only had 1/8 on hand, so that's what I used. I served the chicken whole, topped with spinach, mushrooms and cheese with a salad on the side.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 frozen chicken breast halves
- 8 ounces canned sliced mushrooms, drained
- 4 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons dried onion
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 10 ounces spinach, frozen and broken into pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/8 cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese or 1/2 cup swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/8 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1Place frozen chicken breast halves into crock pot.
- 2Mix spices together and sprinkle over chicken.
- 3Cover chicken with onion.
- 4Cover with 2 tbsp of the butter.
- 5Break spinach into pieces and place in crock pot.
- 6Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- 7Cover with remaining butter.
- 8Add mushrooms, drained.
- 9Top with cheeses.
- 10Cook on high 2 hours, then turn to low for 4-5 hours.
Browse Our Top Low In... Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low In... Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joy's Super Tasty Chicken & Spinach Delight - Crock-Pot
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 439.3
- Calories from Fat 284
- Total Fat 31.5 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 116.9 mg
- Sodium 992.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 31.1 g