Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe came from my dear sister. On a cold day, we love a big pot of her potato soup, along with a hot grilled cheese! Some would say it's real "chick food" and since I have five daughters, DH has to put up with it. :)
- 6 medium potatoes, diced very small
- 1 large onion, diced very small
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3 (10 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 6 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cover potatoes in large sauce pan, and bring to boil. Boil till tender.
- Melt butter in second large pot. Add onions, and cook gently till they become translucent.
- Drain most liquid from potatoes.Add potatoes to pot with onions.
- Add soup and milk. Add more or less milk, depending on your desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring soup to a gentle boil and add cheese.
- Stir cheese till melted.
My husband loved this. I added some sour cream. Thanks!