Hey Jude's Note:
I found this recipe in the Chicago Tribune Food Guide about 10 years ago. It's called "Joy's" because it's Regis Philbin's wife, Joy's, recipe. He raved about this dish on "Live" one day and shortly afterward, his wife Joy demonstrated the recipe on the show. It's really good and cooks pretty fast once you assemble all your ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2 inch wide strips
- 1 1/2 cups small broccoli florets
- 3/4 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained,thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1/2 lb bow tie pasta, cooked according to package directions,drained
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 2Saute garlic for about 1 minute, until golden, stirring constantly.
- 3Add chicken strips and saute until white and almost completely cooked.
- 4Add broccoli and saute until crisp-tender; then add sun-dried tomatoes, basil, red-pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- 5Add wine, then broth and butter and cook 3-5 minutes, or until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 6Toss the cooked pasta with the chicken mixture.
- 7Serve with parmesan cheese, if desired.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joy's Pasta with Chicken and Broccoli
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 499.9
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 88.4 mg
- Sodium 275.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 1.3 g
- Protein 24.1 g