Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great on bread or on lettuce.
- 4 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 onion, quartered
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups mayonnaise (to your taste)
- 3 teaspoons pickle juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 chopped dill pickles, quarters or 1 teaspoon dill seed
- Place chicken, celery stalk and onion in saucepan with water to cover.
- Bring to a boil and simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Drain and discard onion and celery.
- Let chicken cool.
- In a food processor chop chicken.
- In a medium sized bowl combine chicken with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
This is a great recipe for the salad. I used half of the chicken for the salad. I saved the broth,<br/>the cooked vegies, 2 cooked breasts to make Red Lion Chicken Bisque. I used dried dill weed instead of seed. I did add 1/4 cup sliced almonds. I added 2 pinches of turmeric for color. Thanks a great recipe
Great tasty chicken salad! I used the dill seed option instead of chopped pickles and left out the onion as I don't care for it. The dressing for this had a nice flavor that went well with the chicken. Thanks for sharing the recipe! Made for Fall Pick-A-Chef 2011