1/1 Photo of Joy's Chicken Pot Pies
Wendy 88's Note:
This is my mother's recipe with a couple of minor alterations. These pot pies went out to many people in her church when they were sick or lost a loved one -- the perfect comfort food to have at home and/or to share with others.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 frozen pie crusts
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chicken (can use boiled, canned, leftovers from rotisserie chicken, etc)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, finely diced
- 1/3 cup canned carrots, chopped
- 1/3 cup canned garden peas
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- salt & pepper
- 1Place 2 pie crusts in oven on 350 degrees for about 7-8 minutes. These will be the bottom of your pot pies.
- 2Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onion and celery in heated margarine until tender.
- 3Add all other ingredients (except for pie crusts) and mix well.
- 4Remove bottom pie crusts from oven and put half of mixture into each crust.
- 5Place one of the uncooked crusts upside down on top of each mixture. Gently remove aluminum pan from each. Press edges of top and bottom crusts to seal. Cut a few small slits into top of each pie crust.
- 6Put both pies in oven and bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees or until crust is browned.
- 7Hint: If you want to use fresh carrots and peas, you'll want to saute them in step 2 with the onions and celery to tenderize.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joy's Chicken Pot Pies
Serving Size: 1 (283 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 629.3
- Calories from Fat 360
- Total Fat 40.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 40.2 mg
- Sodium 1139.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 17.3 g