Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
Do you like the taste of the candy bar almond joy? Well then you'll enjoy these NO-BAKE rum balls. Approximately one cup and a half of Myers Coconut Rum breaks down to 6 rum balls being 1 shot of booze. yields about 5 - 6 dozen rum balls (I don't have an accurate count b/c I... and a roommate (yea right) snacked while I was making them - whoopsiedaisy MY BAAAD). You can grind fine the vanilla wafers or stomp on with a rolling pin fine to medium coarse the way I like it. The 1 1/4 cup of Myers coconut rum is more like a cup and a half to taste.
- 1 (12 ounce) bagmelted semi-sweet chocolate chips, by trader joe's
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafer cookies, ground fine
- 1 1⁄4 cups of myers coconut rum
- 3⁄4 cup turbinado sugar or 3⁄4 cup other not bleached sugar
- 3⁄4 cup caro corn syrup, at room temperature
toppings to taste
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flakes
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup trader joes sesame honey-roasted almond
- in a large non metal mixing bowl with a wooden spoon:
- mix the smashed nilla wafers with the turbinado sugar and the rum.
- incorporate the caro light corn syrup.
- incorporate the melted semisweet chocolate chips.
- let the mixture cool to a workable consistency
- line a jelly roll tray with parchment, put your surgical gloves on to start rolling the rum balls about 1 tsp in size - or slightly smaller than a doughnut hole.
- As you roll the rum balls up (slightly smaller than a doughnut hole)~~
- Roll them in a tray of coconut flakes and chopped almonds (I love the trader joe’s sesame honey almonds), or you can embed a whole almond on the rum ball and roll in powdered sugar and coconut flakes. Either way is quite tasty.
- Place rum balls on the parchment and let set up for a little while - you can refrigerate them.