Do you like the taste of the candy bar almond joy? Well then you'll enjoy these NO-BAKE rum balls. Approximately one cup and a half of Myers Coconut Rum breaks down to 6 rum balls being 1 shot of booze. yields about 5 - 6 dozen rum balls (I don't have an accurate count b/c I... and a roommate (yea right) snacked while I was making them - whoopsiedaisy MY BAAAD). You can grind fine the vanilla wafers or stomp on with a rolling pin fine to medium coarse the way I like it. The 1 1/4 cup of Myers coconut rum is more like a cup and a half to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (12 ounce) bag melted semi-sweet chocolate chips, by trader joe's
- 1 (12 ounce) box vanilla wafer cookies, ground fine
- 1 1/4 cups of myers coconut rum
- 3/4 cup turbinado sugar or 3/4 cup other not bleached sugar
- 3/4 cup caro corn syrup, at room temperature
toppings to taste
- 1in a large non metal mixing bowl with a wooden spoon:
- 2mix the smashed nilla wafers with the turbinado sugar and the rum.
- 3incorporate the caro light corn syrup.
- 4incorporate the melted semisweet chocolate chips.
- 5let the mixture cool to a workable consistency
- 6line a jelly roll tray with parchment, put your surgical gloves on to start rolling the rum balls about 1 tsp in size - or slightly smaller than a doughnut hole.
- 7As you roll the rum balls up (slightly smaller than a doughnut hole)~~
- 8Roll them in a tray of coconut flakes and chopped almonds (I love the trader joe’s sesame honey almonds), or you can embed a whole almond on the rum ball and roll in powdered sugar and coconut flakes. Either way is quite tasty.
- 9Place rum balls on the parchment and let set up for a little while - you can refrigerate them.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joyous Rum Balls
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 60
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 96.6
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 22.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 0.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: