Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A throw back to the 1960's! A recipe my Grandmother handed down to my Mom. She would feed the neighborhood with this! My dad--in his seventies--still asks me to make this for him. Ah, the joy of childhood! Enjoy!
- 3 (16 ounce) packages beef hot dogs, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 white onion, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 16 ounces water
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- Cook onion and hot dog pieces until onion is soft.
- Add rest of ingredients and cook until sauce is to the consistency of your liking (not too thick and not too runny), about 30 minutes.
- Serve over rice, which has been cooked with beef bouillon cubes.