Recipe by Mrs.Jack
My Mom gave me this recipe when I was in college-almost 30 years ago-and I still make it today! Enjoy!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian dressing, divided (I like Kraft's Zesty)
- 1 head radicchio, torn into bite sizes
- 1 bunch watercress, cut into bite sizes
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg
- 2⁄3 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Pound chicken breasts flat to 1/4" thickness. Place in large baking dish. Add 1/2 cup italian dressing; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- In medium bowl, place radicchio and watercress; add remaining 1/2 cup italian dressing and toss to mix. Arrange radicchio and watercress on platter and refrigerate.
- Remove chicken from dressing and drain. Cut each chicken breast in half crosswise. Place an even portion of basil and tomatoes on each of 4 halves of chicken; top each piece of chicken with remaining half of chicken. With textured side of meat mallet, pound edges together to seal.
- In shallow dish, beat water and egg. On wax paper, mix bread crumbs and cheese. Dip chicken in egg mixture and then in bread crumb mixture.
- In large skillet, heat oil on medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook about 10 minutes or until chicken is brown and fork can be inserted with ease.
- Arrange chicken on radicchio/watercress mixture.