Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This one was too good to pass up. ;) My father in law found a small typewritten spiral bound set of recipes at a garage sale recently and brought this particular recipe to my attention. Thank you, Joyce: Le Cordon Bleu alumna!...whoever you are...
- 4 slices dark rye bread (toasted or untoasted-your choice)
- butter, for spreading
- 1 large avocado, pitted and peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced small
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt, to taste
- black pepper, to taste
- 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, drained
- shredded lettuce
- Frito corn chip, coarsely crushed (about 1/2 cup?)
- 3 -4 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese or 3 tablespoons blue cheese dressing
- Mash the avocado with the lemon juice. Stir in the tomato, green onions and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Butter each slice of bread and add two slices of bacon to each sandwich.
- Divide and add the remaining ingredients.
- Cut sandwiches in half or quarters.