Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These blew me away at a fancy dinner party years ago, so I asked for the recipe. I was further shocked to learn that Joyce, the ultimate dinner party hostess, had used canned white potatoes. I was a little surprised, but have since used this recipe many times since when I have little time. I usually would rather peel and prepare potatoes, but if your menu is extensive, these save so much time and will gather many compliments. Only YOU need to know the potatoes come from a can.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Throw oil and butter into a glass baking dish and put in oven to melt. I usually use a little more butter and 'cut' it with drizzles of olive oil.
- Rinse potatoes and pat dry.
- Put potatoes into butter/olive oil mixture and turn to coat.
- Liberally sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- As potatoes are baking (about 1/2 hour) keep turning and sprinkling with more parmesan until well coated.
- Bake, sprinkle and turn 30 - 40 minutes until potatoes are crispy & golden brown.
This was delicious! Never even knew that potatoes came in cans. I regularly make this and everyone loves it. Also I now use canned potatoes when grilling shish kabobs - already cooked and come out perfect everytime.