Recipe by Doug2
Wonderful recipe from my Mother-in-Law. This is such a hit that our kids have their own copies of the recipe so they can make it while away at college.
- 2 lbs lean beef (I use sirloin steak)
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms
- 1 pint sour cream
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Fry onions in butter until transparent; then add beef which has been cut into pencil-thin strips no longer than 1 inch.
- Fry meat slightly, then cook with lid on for 15 minutes, turning meat occasionally.
- Add mushrooms, sour cream, ketchup and soy sauce.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Thicken slightly and cook in a slow oven (300 degrees) or over very low heat on the stove for about one hour.
- Serve with rice or noodles.