Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Hands down the best cookies I've ever tasted. I make then all the time and am always asked for the recipe! Sometimes, instead of raisins, I put in chocolate chips, and (my favorite) chocolate covered raisins.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift (sifting is important!) flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg (its not in the recipe, but I add about 1/8-1/4 tsp of ground cloves, too) into a mixing bowl.
- Beat butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla with a hand mixer at medium speed.
- Sift (yes, again!) flour mixture into butter mixture and mix well.
- Fold in raisins (or chocolate chips or chocolate covered raisins) and oats.
- Spoon 1.5 inch balls onto non-stick cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350°F for 6-9 minutes, rotating half way through baking. (Should be lightly firm in the center when done) Be careful -- oatmeal raisin cookies don't look done when they are, so they are very easy to over cook (unless you want then to be crispy) :).