Yummy InMyTummy's Note:
Hands down the best cookies I've ever tasted. I make then all the time and am always asked for the recipe! Sometimes, instead of raisins, I put in chocolate chips, and (my favorite) chocolate covered raisins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Sift (sifting is important!) flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg (its not in the recipe, but I add about 1/8-1/4 tsp of ground cloves, too) into a mixing bowl.
- 3Beat butter, brown sugar, sugar, eggs, and vanilla with a hand mixer at medium speed.
- 4Sift (yes, again!) flour mixture into butter mixture and mix well.
- 5Fold in raisins (or chocolate chips or chocolate covered raisins) and oats.
- 6Spoon 1.5 inch balls onto non-stick cookie sheet.
- 7Bake at 350°F for 6-9 minutes, rotating half way through baking. (Should be lightly firm in the center when done) Be careful -- oatmeal raisin cookies don't look done when they are, so they are very easy to over cook (unless you want then to be crispy) :).
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joy of Cooking's Oatmeal Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (39 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 42
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 157.3
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 21.6 mg
- Sodium 94.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 10.8 g
- Protein 3.1 g