Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This recipe is from the archives of Pioneer Lodge, a seniors residence. Delicious recipe and very easy.
- 4 pork chops
- 236.59 ml raw rice
- 297.66 g can Campbell's French onion soup
- 113.39 g can sliced mushrooms, with liquid
- soya sauce
- salt & pepper
- Cut the fat off the chops and brown on both sides.
- Remove chops from the pan and set aside. Add the rice to the same pan and cook, stirring constantly, until the rice has browned.
- Add the soup and mushrooms (with the mushroom liquid).
- Add a touch of soya sauce and salt and pepper. Stir to mix. Pour mixture into a casserole.
- Place pork chops on top.
- Cover and bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 1 hour.
- Serve with a salad and applesauce.
We like to have Pork Chops about once a week but were getting a little tired of the usual braising or broiling. I came across this recipe and decided to try it. Well, it was a great hit and will be on our menu at least once a month. It is so good, it is company food. I added some chopped red pepper and some jalapenos. I added some chopped tomato to the finished dish. Yum! Marilyn Warren
Super simple recipe, and it's delicious. I didn't have a can of french onion soup, so I substituted a pkg. of Lipton Onion/Mushroom and added the water from package directions. This would be good with chicken as well as pork chops. Thanks for posting!
Yummy recipe! I made this for myself, using 2 boneless pork chops. I thought I had a can of mushrooms, but I didn't, so I used about 8 oz. fresh sliced mushrooms and added about 1/2 c. water to the casserole. I kept everything else the same. Only thing I added was a bit of garlic powder. Great with a side of steamed broccoli. Thanks!! ~Manda