Recipe by Pioneer
This recipe is from the archives of Pioneer Lodge, a seniors residence. Delicious recipe and very easy.
Top Review by MJ Warren
We like to have Pork Chops about once a week but were getting a little tired of the usual braising or broiling. I came across this recipe and decided to try it. Well, it was a great hit and will be on our menu at least once a month. It is so good, it is company food. I added some chopped red pepper and some jalapenos. I added some chopped tomato to the finished dish. Yum! Marilyn Warren
- 4 pork chops
- 236.59 ml raw rice
- 297.66 g can Campbell's French onion soup
- 113.39 g can sliced mushrooms, with liquid
- soya sauce
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the fat off the chops and brown on both sides.
- Remove chops from the pan and set aside. Add the rice to the same pan and cook, stirring constantly, until the rice has browned.
- Add the soup and mushrooms (with the mushroom liquid).
- Add a touch of soya sauce and salt and pepper. Stir to mix. Pour mixture into a casserole.
- Place pork chops on top.
- Cover and bake in a 350 degree Fahrenheit oven for 1 hour.
- Serve with a salad and applesauce.