Recipe by veraj9170
This is a good and healthy choice for a great lunch. It's light and yet filling. Plus, your blood sugar will not be making your cringe!
Top Review by Sweet**Fuzion
I was so pleasantly suprised at how tasty and satisfying this sandwhich was. We have already made them 3 times in 2 days. I am NOT a 'veggie' sort of person-but this has changed my mind-it really tastes so refreshing, and I didn't even miss the meat. It actually kept us full until it was time for the next meal-even my 1 and 3 year old ate it! I prepared it as posted except I had reduced fat swiss cheese. Thanks so much for posting(and my blood sugar thanks you too!).
- 3 tablespoons reduced-calorie mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 8 slices multigrain bread
- 1 avocado
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 ounces fat-free swiss cheese
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cucumber
- 1 tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill
- 1⁄2 cup alfalfa sprout
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the mayo and mustard. Spread on one side of all 4 bread slices. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mash the avocado with the lemon juice. Spread the avocado mix on one side the the remaining 4 bread slices. Top each with 1 ounce of thinly sliced swiss cheese, 2 bell pepper rings, 2 to 3 cucumber slices, 2 slices of tomato and a generous grinding of pepper.
- Sprinkle each sandwich with 1/2 teaspoon of chopped dill and arrange the sprouts on top. Cover with the reserved bread slices, mayo side down. Cut into half and serve.