Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I like this recipe because of the blend of flavours and the moistness of the bread. It was given to me by a co-worker.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups zucchini, grated and drained well
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped nuts, optional
- 1 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat the first four ingredients.
- Add the next three ingredients and mix well.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Bake in a 2 greased loaf pans 5x9, for an hour.
- Cool for 10 min and turn out on rack.
- Note: if using smaller loaf pans bake for 40 minute.
WOW!!! Oh my god, this bread is sooo amazing. I thought I was in heaven eating this thing. And this is so healthy too. I substituted the oil with fat free sour cream and used splenda and egg substitute, didn't use the nuts and raisins and ended up being only 895 calories for the whole loaf. This bread comes out picture perfect. WOW.
Moist and flavorful bread. I used Splenda baking instead of sugar and I omitted the raisins because I don't like them. My son (the zucchini hater) did not believe me when I told him it was zucchini bread. Thanks for an easy quick-bread!
I messed around with the recipe a lot: i subbed with eggbeaters, apple sauce, splenda, wheat flour, and baked it in an 8x8 pan. But this was the best bread ive ever made, it was so sweet and moist, ive actually been eating it for desert since mine came out more like a bread pudding. Thank you so much!