Recipe by elsokolj
I found this recipe somewhere on Internet. Very fast and easy to make. My husband likes it a lot. Sometimes I double gnocchi portions and serve 2 different sauces.
Top Review by Charlotte J
This is all about me, not the recipe. I guess there is just to much German in me to try to make gnocchi. I'm going to have to be shown how to make these next time by someone. My dough came out sticky and I could not get them to roll down the back of the fork. So I turned them into little German dumplings by dropping them by the teaspoonful in the boiling water. The sauce was find, but for us I'll cut the butter by half next time. elsokolj thank you for posting and sorry I just could not figure out how to make them. Made for *PAC Fall 2007* game
- 1 1⁄2 cups instant potato flakes
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- 2 beaten eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 small chopped onion
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 4 ounces mushrooms, and
- mushroom liquid
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix potato flakes with water.
- Add 2 beaten eggs.
- Work in 2 cups of flour.
- Knead, roll in 0.5 inch pieces.
- Roll each piece down with fork tines.
- Boil for 8 minutes or little bit less.
- Tomato Sauce:.
- Saute small chopped onion for 15 minutes add 8 oz can of tomato sauce and 4 oz can of mushroom and liquid and heat through.