This Chili is not for the faint of heart. It has evolved over the past several years into something that's good enough to clear the sinuses yet remain flavorful enough to not care that your mouth is on fire. In my family no one else can handle the heat so I get to eat nothing but chili for a few days. However, it has received rave reviews from other heat lovers. Enjoy if you like spicy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the Dutch Oven
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, finely diced, unseeded
- 1 habanero, finely diced unseeded (optional)
For the Crockpot
- 8 ripe tomatoes, Underipe will not do
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans or 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 lime, every last bit of Juice from squeezed into pot
- 1Combine Ground Beef, Garlic, Onion, and Peppers in Dutch Oven; cook until meat is done and veggies are translucent, chopping meat as you go to your ideal chunk size.
- 2Meanwhile, blanch and peel tomatoes. Hand shred them into crockpot, removing any hard white veins you run across. Shred very fine, and be warned, juice will splash, so be careful not to get sprayed. Tomatoes will provide all the liquid needed.
- 3When ground beef is fully cooked, either dump the Dutch Oven into the crockpot or drain and pour in without the fat (flavor?) Your choice.
- 4Cook on low for as long as possible. The longer the wait, the better it tastes.
- 5Serve with whatever you like (Crackers, Shredded Cheese, Sour Cream.).
- 6For a fun twist, I like to mix in a hot dog or two and some oyster crackers and cheese for a bowl of chili cheese dog stew.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joshua's Hot Chili Version 2.0
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 339.8
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 73.7 mg
- Sodium 440.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 7.3 g
- Protein 29.9 g