This is my fiance's recipe from the days when the only kind of meat he could afford was bacon! It really only bears a passing resemblance to traditional carbonara recipes, but it's awfully good just the same. Use any kind of pasta like rotelli, tagliatelle, etc., that will catch the sauce.
- Boil water for the pasta and cook per package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut bacon into 1/2 inch or 1 inch squares and saute 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute until bacon is crispy and onion is soft.
- Add pasta, stir.
- Add parmesan and stir continuously for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add half and half and stir continuously for about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve on warmed plates.