1/2 Photos of Josh's Sort-Of Carbonara or Cheesy Bacon Pasta
Sass Smith's Note:
This is my fiance's recipe from the days when the only kind of meat he could afford was bacon! It really only bears a passing resemblance to traditional carbonara recipes, but it's awfully good just the same. Use any kind of pasta like rotelli, tagliatelle, etc., that will catch the sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil water for the pasta and cook per package directions.
- 2Meanwhile, cut bacon into 1/2 inch or 1 inch squares and saute 5 minutes on medium heat.
- 3Add the onion and saute until bacon is crispy and onion is soft.
- 4Add pasta, stir.
- 5Add parmesan and stir continuously for about 1-2 minutes.
- 6Add half and half and stir continuously for about 1-2 minutes.
- 7Serve on warmed plates.
Browse Our Top Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pasta, Rice and Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Josh's Sort-Of Carbonara or Cheesy Bacon Pasta
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.6
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.6 g
- Cholesterol 22.1 mg
- Sodium 210.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 20.7 g