Recipe by Sass Smith
This is my fiance's recipe from the days when the only kind of meat he could afford was bacon! It really only bears a passing resemblance to traditional carbonara recipes, but it's awfully good just the same. Use any kind of pasta like rotelli, tagliatelle, etc., that will catch the sauce.
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water for the pasta and cook per package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut bacon into 1/2 inch or 1 inch squares and saute 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the onion and saute until bacon is crispy and onion is soft.
- Add pasta, stir.
- Add parmesan and stir continuously for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add half and half and stir continuously for about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve on warmed plates.