Recipe by jdalem_9487536
I played with this for awhile. My family LOVES this finally a meatloaf with good texture. This has become a request of not only family but friends. Even my father who does not like meatloaf. Will warn you I cook like Rachel Ray I don't really measure anything. But tried to the last time I made this. Hope you enjoy as much as my family. I didn't put serving size because I don't know my husband and father eat it all I only get one piece. :) And cook time depends on oven and how well you like it done, we like well. So cooking time is estimates as is servings.
- 3 lbs hamburger
- 16 ounces roll of pork sausage (I use Bob Evens)
- 16 ounces roll lean ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oatmeal (approx.)
- 1 fresh garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 finely chopped fresh white onion
- 1⁄2 finely finely chopped med fresh bell pepper
- 10 dashes worchestershire sauce (approx.)
- 1 egg
- fresh ground salt
- fresh ground black pepper to pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, small palm full (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (not packed)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup (Heinz)
- 5 dashes worchestershire sauce (approx.)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix all except the sauce ingredient. In a measureing cup mix the 3 sauce ingredient. Place in a 350 degree oven. I use a slotted roasting pan so as to drain the meat. And that way the meat doesn't stew in its fat (hate that).
- About 30 min into baking start basting it with the sauce. Continue ever 10-15 min until finished cooking.
- Carefully remove pan (remember there will be grease under it) Let rest 10 min and slice and serve.
- I like to serve with garlic roasted mash potatoes and a veg.