1 hr 40 mins
Josh Drinkwater's Note:
I used sour cream in this recipe instead of the plain yogurt that is found in many dishes from western Asia and the middle east.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1whisk together sour cream, broth, curry powder, 5 spice and hot pepper oil/crushed red pepper in a large bowl; set aside.
- 2Cut chicken into cubes or strips.
- 3Slice onion into medium sized pieces.
- 4Cut the carrots if you want to also.
- 5Place chicken, carrots and onion into a large pot on the stove.
- 6Pour broth mixture into pot, gently stirring ingredients together.
- 7Bring almost to boiling over medium high heat, the reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 1 hour to 1.5 hours stirring occasionally until chicken is cooked through and carrots and onions have reached desired tenderness.
- 8During the last 10 minutes of cooking, stir together the cornstarch and water thoroughly, and stir it into the pot. This will thicken the sauce.
- 9Add salt and pepper to taste and serve over sticky rice.
- 10This can also be prepared in a crock pot or in a 4-quart casserole dish in the oven.
- 11If oven method is preferred, cook at 325°F for 1 hour 20 minutes.
- 12Stir in cornstarch mixture after cooking.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Josh's Curry Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (380 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 560.6
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 205.0 mg
- Sodium 777.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 54.6 g