Prep 14 mins
Cook 1 hr
Recipe inspired by my son's love for bananas and blueberries.
- 3 bananas (peeled and mashed)
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup blueberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts (toasted and chopped) (optional)
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray loaf pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add softened margarine, sugar, egg, blueberries, and vanilla to mashed bananas and stir until well combined.
- Gradually stir in flour, orange zest, walnuts and the rest of the ingredients. The batter will be lumpy.
- Pour batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven for 60 minutes or until golden and knife or toothpick inserted in middle of loaf comes out clean.
- Allow to rest for 10-15 minutes. Use a butter knife to loosen the edges of the bread from the pan, then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.