Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 453.59 g rotelle pasta or 453.59 g elbow macaroni, cooked and cooled
- 3 (680.38 g) can tuna packed in oil, undrained
- 236.59 ml chopped red onion
- 29.58 ml capers
- 354.88 ml pitted and chopped black olives
- 2 ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- Put the cooked pasta in a large mixing bowl. Add the tuna with its oil, the onion, capers, olives, tomatoes, olive oil, lemon juice, and salt and pepper and toss to combine. Serve.
This is very good and fresh-tasting! I did reduce the amount of tuna by about half. I also added some cucumber and lettuce I wanted to use. Didn't change anything else. Thank you for sharing this most enjoyable recipe with us.
We really enjoyed this. I substituted brown rice pasta and left out the tomatoes and it was just what we were looking for. I love the fact that the dressing is made from scratch and is not made with made with mayo. Light, refreshing and healthy. Fantastic! Thanks for a keeper!
This was so awesome! I made it without the black olives so next time I think I'll double or triple the capers to replace the salinity missing from the olives. It was still so great that I didn't want to eat the chicken I made with it! Can't wait to try it tomorrow after it's had time to maserate in the fridge.