Recipe by Cinda Lu
Many years ago a very popular local tea room published this recipe in our town's newpaper. It is a much loved item they have carried for many years on their menu. Pretty easy to prepare and makes a large amount. The recipe can easily be cut down. I am happy to share it with everyone.
- 1419.54 ml water
- 44.37 ml chicken base (I used a bit more)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4.92 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml lemon pepper
- 946.0 ml whipping cream
- 1892.0 ml half-and-half
- 946.36 ml milk
- 907.18 g Velveeta cheese
- 118.29 ml butter (I used more)
- 354.88 ml flour
- 1360.77 g broccoli, chopped, cooked and drained (can use frozen)
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil water, chicken stock base, garlic powder and lemon pepper. This can be done in the top of a double boiler or carefully on stovetop in a saucepan. Simmer for 5 minutes. Stirring constantly, add whipping cream, half and half and milk. Add cheese and heat, stirring constantly until cheese is melted.
- In a saucepan, make a roux or thick paste by melting the butter and stirring in the flour on medium heat until smoothe. Remove from heat and add roux mixture to soup until the desired consistency is reached. Add broccoli and serve.