Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
From the Junior League of Corpus Christi TX, these are a wonderful quick and easy appetizer.
- 1 loaf thin French bread
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 8 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Slice the bread into 1/2-inch thick slices. Toast on one side.
- Mix chilis with butter, garlic, mayo, and cheese.
- Spread on untoasted side of bread slices.
- Broil until cheese is light brown and puffy. Serve at once.
- Cheese mixture can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until ready to use.
These are absolutely addicting, according to DD (and me too) - though she ate almost half of this recipe herself - I made 12 slices...thank goodness I didn't make more. These are so easy to make and I was surprised by the flavors...the mayo kind of threw me, but it blends really well with the butter, cheese, and chilis once baked - I used a whole 4 ounce can of chilis for 12 slices and it was perfect. This was a huge hit for dinner tonight as I mentioned, and DD said I HAVE to make these again. Thanks for posting - made for ZWT8 and the Herbaceous Curvaceous Honeys !
Creamy and oh so wonderful! I had these for dinner and now I can't wait to serve them to guests over the holidays. I'll just make the cheese mixture in advanced so all I will have to do is heat them up! A definite repeat! Edit: I have to say this has become a new family favorite. I made it for Christmas and everyone absolutely loves it!
These were super yummy and all gone!! Instead of French bread, I just put the mixture on some whole wheat bread and broiled it. I might even try some jalapeno jack next time for some spice. Thanks for the great recipe, loof!