Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
I have tried different recipes, and this is the one that my family likes the best. Very tender and flavorful. There are a lot of recipes out there...this one is really good.
- Preheat oven (convection, if possible) to 450 degrees F.
- Combine the bisquick, half and half and cheese. Don't overmix, just a few strokes until a soft dough forms.
- I like to line my 8 X 10 baking pan with parchament paper. Drop dough onto paper - I make 8 large biscuits.
- For the Topping: Mix butter, garlic powder, parsley, and Old Bay seasoning. Gently brush, or spoon butter mixture over the biscuit tops and sides - I reserve 2 or 3 teaspoons to pour over after baking.
- Bake about 6-8 minutes - don't overcook.
- If you have reserved butter mixture, pour it over while the biscuits are hot.
I cut about 4 tbsp of very cold butter into the Bisquick before adding other ingredients. This makes the biscuits light and airy. Otherwise they'll be too dense. When you cut the butter in, it should be about pea size butter bits throughout. :)