4 hrs 20 mins
Jb Tyler, TX's Note:
Tender, rich, sweet rolls with a fresh orange taste. These are so good....
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons yeast (or 1 package)
- 1/4 cup water (105 to 115 degrees)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten to blend
- 3 -3 1/2 cups flour, divided
- 3 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1Disolve yeast in worm water, let stand 5 minutes.
- 2In a large bowl combine sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar, and salt, mix well. Add melted butter, beaten eggs, and 2 cups of the flour, add the yeast mixture and mix well. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- 3Turn dough out on a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes) Place in a well greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until double in bulk.
- 4Punch dough down, and divide in half. Roll each half into a 12 inch circle on a floured surface.
- 5Combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar and orange rind. Spread each circle with 1 T. butter and sprinkle with half of orange/sugar mixture. Cut each circle into 6 wedges (like a pizza) Roll up each wedge tightly and place point side down on a greased baking sheet.
- 6Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts for 1 hour, or until double in bulk.
- 7For the glaze: In a saucepan combine: 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup sour cream, 2 T. butter, and 1 T. orange juice. Mix well and boil 3 minutes.
- 8Bake at 350 degrees F for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Pour glaze over hot rolls, remove immediately from baking sheet.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jo's Luscious Orange Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (88 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 289.9
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.8 g
- Cholesterol 58.8 mg
- Sodium 286.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 17.3 g
- Protein 4.9 g