Jo's Luscious Orange Rolls
- Disolve yeast in worm water, let stand 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl combine sour cream, 1/4 cup sugar, and salt, mix well. Add melted butter, beaten eggs, and 2 cups of the flour, add the yeast mixture and mix well. Gradually add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- Turn dough out on a floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes) Place in a well greased bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until double in bulk.
- Punch dough down, and divide in half. Roll each half into a 12 inch circle on a floured surface.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar and orange rind. Spread each circle with 1 T. butter and sprinkle with half of orange/sugar mixture. Cut each circle into 6 wedges (like a pizza) Roll up each wedge tightly and place point side down on a greased baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from drafts for 1 hour, or until double in bulk.
- For the glaze: In a saucepan combine: 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup sour cream, 2 T. butter, and 1 T. orange juice. Mix well and boil 3 minutes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 18 to 20 minutes or until golden. Pour glaze over hot rolls, remove immediately from baking sheet.