Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
A quick and easy weeknight meal that is low in carbs and high in flavor!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained (frozen is fine too)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 avocado, pitted and chopped
- Mix the chopped tomatoes, chopped cilantro, lime juice and corn in a medium bowl until well-combined. Cover and refrigerate for one hour to blend the flavors.
- In a large saute pan, heat the oil and cook the onions on medium heat until they are just starting to brown, then turn the heat down to caramelize the onions over medium-low heat for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat back up to medium and add the garlic, cooking until it is fragrant and starting to brown.
- Add the ground beef and brown over medium heat. Drain the beef mixture and rinse to remove fat.
- Return the beef and onions to the pan, add the black beans and taco seasoning. Heat and stir for 4-5 minutes.
- To serve, put 1/4 cup shredded lettuce in the bottom of each bowl. Add the meat mixture, then a sprinkle of cheese. Add the salsa mixture, then the chopped avocado, one tablespoon of sour cream and serve.