Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe comes from my good friend, after having this many times at her house, I finally got the recipe from her and just had to post it, it is easy and really good, just layer all ingredients, and serve! ALL ingredients can be adjusted to suit taste, you can add chopped green pepper also if desired. This can be layered in one shallow dish or layered into two smaller ones.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups sour cream (or to taste)
- 3 cups salsa (or to taste) or 3 cups taco sauce (or to taste)
- 1 -2 medium onion, finely chopped (can use white or green)
- 2 large firm tomatoes, finely chopped
- 10 -12 slices bacon (or to taste, cooked until crisp and chopped small, or cooked ground beef seasoned with minced fresh)
- 2 -3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (or to taste)
- taco chips
- salsa, for topping
- Prepare one larger shallow dish, or two small size serving dishes or bowls.
- Divide and spread the softened cream cheese on the bottom of each bowl.
- Divide and layer the following ingredients into each dish.
- Top the cream cheese with sour cream.
- Top with salsa or taco sauce to taste.
- Top with chopped onion (use lots of onion!).
- Top with chopped tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the cooked bacon or cooked seasoned ground beef.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Then dollup more salsa on top of the cheese.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.