Recipe by Sara 76
I had my niece sleep over last night, and today she insisted on me making this out of the rind from the Christmas ham. Her Dad makes it every year, and she loves it. It's not really my cup of tea, I thought it was tasty, but too fatty for me to have more than one piece, but here is the recipe for you to be the judge!
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut the rind into chunks, and generously salt it.
- Place under a hot grill for about 10 minutes, then shake and resalt. Reapeat this every 10 minutes.
- When the rind starts to crackle, and has just started to burn on the tips, remove from the grill.
- Using tongs, transfer the rind to a plate, and lightly salt.
- NOTE: you may have to do this in batches.