Recipe by DustyPyatt
These are the real deal! My MIL was an amazing cook! She now has Alzheimers so her recipes (that she wrote down) are now golden! I promise you won't be disapointed with these!
Top Review by Moseslakecooker
This is almost identical the the recipe my grandmother gave me. I've been making these for 40 years and they are always a big hit for breakfast. The only difference is the icing. Here's my recipe and it's amazing...<br/>1 Tablespoon Butter (Room Temperature)<br/>1 Tablespoon Cream Cheese (Room Temperature)<br/>1-2 Tablespoons Orange Juice<br/>1/4 Teaspoon Vanilla<br/>Orange Zest (optional)<br/>1 Cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups cottage cheese, small curd
- 2 cups flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients to make dough. You will want to mix this very well using a stand mixer or alot of hand strokes!
- Let stand overnight in refrigerator DO NOT SKIP THIS STEP!
- Divide dough into 3 portions.
- Roll each dough portion into a pie shape.
- Cut into 12 wedges or more.
- Roll from wide edge in (like a crescent roll).
- Place on a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350 for 30-40 minutes or until golden.
- For the icing:.
- Combine the 2T butter, milk, vanilla and sugar.
- Drizzle on pastry while warm.