Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
A simple recipe to savor the amazing taste of fresh strawberries!
- 1 (18 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam or 1⁄2 cup preserves
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2-3 cups fresh strawberries
- Prepare cake as directed on box, except divide batter 2/3 into one pan and 1/3 into another.
- Bake cakes, cool, remove from pan, and slice larger cake into 2 equal layers.
- Whip the cream, sugar, and vanilla extract together until you get stiff peaks.
- Roughly chop 2 cups of the strawberries, and neatly slice the rest for garnish.
- Spread 1/2 strawberry jam on bottom layer of cake, followed by 1/4 whipped cream, and sprinkle a layer of chopped strawberries. Cover with middle layer and repeat.
- Place top layer on cake, cover cake with remaining whipped cream, and garnish with sliced strawberries.
- Refrigerate until serving.