Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These muffins are fool proof! This really is the Jordan Marsh Store recipe that they served in their bakery. Sometimes, my store made special batches with strawberries instead of blueberries. Those were always my favorite... All ingredients should be at room temperature. This recipe is a breeze to cut in 1/2. To keep them from sticking, I make them in white paper cup cake holders and wipe the top of the muffin tin with canola oil. Oh, and if you make a half batch from a pound of berries, try my Just a Little Bit of Homemade Strawberry Jam with the leftover berries... Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups strawberries, chopped
- sugar (to garnish)
- Cream the butter and sugar, then add eggs, flour, baking powder, milk and mix well.
- Dredge berries in additional flour before adding to mixture to prevent them from sinking to the bottom (very important).
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle a little sugar on top.
Wonderful muffins! I really enjoyed them. They were easy to make and baked up nicely. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2009.
Easy and good. Next time I will use double the amount of chopped strawberries, and about 1/4 teaspoon of salt.