1/1 Photo of Jordan Marsh Famous Blueberry Muffins
Jordan Marsh Blueberry Muffins were once a staple and tradition in Boston. I thought I would pass on this recipe for those who may remember the store and love a great muffin. I've also made these just as muffin tops (see photo).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- 3In a second bowl, combine all dry ingredients. (You can use an electric mixer to combine the dry ingredients thoroughly at this point so that you won't need to over mix once the wet and dry ingredients are combined).
- 4Gradually add the dry ingredients to the creamed butter and sugar mixture along with the milk and vanilla.
- 5Optionally, mash 1/2 cup of the blueberries, and stir in by hand (this will turn batter a light shade of blue and add a touch of blueberry flavor, but this step may be skipped, if you wish). I usually skip that step.
- 6Add the remaining whole berries and stir in gently by hand.
- 7Spray a 12 muffin baking pan with Baker's Joy (or other non-stick spray).
- 8Fill greased muffin cups 3/4 full.
- 9Sprinkle sugar on top of unbaked muffins.
- 10Bake at 375°F for 25-30 minutes.
- 11Cool in pan.
- 12Run a knife around the edge of each muffin after several minutes to free it from the pan and cool on wire racks.
- 13If desired, brushed with melted butter and sprinkled with additional sugar. IMO opinion, the more sugar the better - it gives the top a nice crunch.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jordan Marsh Famous Blueberry Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (1199 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.1
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 52.7 mg
- Sodium 242.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.3 g
- Sugars 21.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g