Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
The Famous: JORDAN MARSH'S BLUEBERRY CAKE
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups blueberries, lightly floured with
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare an 8 inch square baking dish.
- Sift flour, baking powder and salt together.
- Cream shortening with sugar until fluffy; add eggs and beat well.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Mix well.
- The longer you beat it, the better it will be.
- Fold in vanilla and the floured berries.
- Pour into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with granulated sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 45 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
Delicious- mixed in my KitchenAid mixer- light & fluffy.
My DH was crazy for this cake. While preparing the batter it seemed to have a weird texture; I guess that is why the instructions stateâ€¦ The longer you beat it, the better it will be. I cooked for the full 40 minutes. The cake turned out dense, but very moist. I had HUGE blueberries, so they sank to the bottom. Very yummy cake; thanks for sharing!