When I was in college, I used to order Peanut Butter Pie from Creme de la Creme in Rochester, NY. Mmmmm....yummy. Years later (when I finally started learning to cook!), I saw this recipe in my mother's Johnson County Library Gets Cooking! (Johnson County, Kansas, that is) and I thought, "this needs the chocolate topping from those chocolate mint brownies a couple pages back." Oh yeah! Jordan is my step-son. He gobbled this pie up! (Well, he had help.) For the crust, mix 1 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs with 4 Tablespoons melted butter and press into a 9-inch pie plate.
- Beat together cream cheese, peanut butter, sugar, and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in Cool Whip.
- Spoon into crust.
- Heat butter and chocolate chips over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Pour over pie, leaving about an inch ring of peanut butter filling showing.
- If you refridgerate the pie, let it warm up some before cutting through the chocolate topping.