Recipe by ColSanders
This is my attempt to create a taste-a-like sauce for the Joppiesaus found all over Europe and especially the Netherlands. It's a great condiment for French Fries, and potato chips. It's addictive, you've been warned!
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion (1/4 inch dice)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute the onions in the olive oil over medium heat until translucent, about 3 minutes. You don't want the onions to brown. Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly.
- In a bowl, add all ingredients and stir to combine.
- Reseason with more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Refrigerate the sauce if you're not serving it within 1 hour. Serve with fries, chips, etc.