Cook1 hr 15 mins
We love ice cream for a snack or to make a shake in the evening. My DH came up with this recipe so that we could have a sugar free ice cream. Hope you enjoy it.
- Mix all thoroughly in a sauce pan.
- Cook in a saucepan over low heat, stirring regularly until it thickens*Note that it won't be as thick as a sugar based custard would be.
- Cook 15-20 minutes or until medium thick.
- Transfer custard to a bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour or until it is completely cooled.
- Put custard in your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- If you use the packet Splenda instead of the pourable Splenda be sure to cut back some as they are sweeter than the bulk.