1/1 Photo of Jon's Sugar free French Vanilla Ice Cream
1 hr 15 mins
1 hr 15 mins
We love ice cream for a snack or to make a shake in the evening. My DH came up with this recipe so that we could have a sugar free ice cream. Hope you enjoy it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all thoroughly in a sauce pan.
- 2Cook in a saucepan over low heat, stirring regularly until it thickens*Note that it won't be as thick as a sugar based custard would be.
- 3Cook 15-20 minutes or until medium thick.
- 4Transfer custard to a bowl and refrigerate for at least an hour or until it is completely cooled.
- 5Put custard in your ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer's instructions.
- 6If you use the packet Splenda instead of the pourable Splenda be sure to cut back some as they are sweeter than the bulk.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jon's Sugar free French Vanilla Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.3
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 102.1 mg
- Sodium 299.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 17.4 g
- Protein 7.8 g