Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
It's an easy crock pot soup that will "surprise" you with it's hearty robust flavor. It's a variation of a few recipes I found online. My wife said to name it surprise because she was surprised how good it was.
- 64 ounces chicken broth
- 14 1⁄2 ounces water
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans garbanzo beans
- 6 red potatoes, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 slices bacon
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon sweet basil
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 -2 bay leaf
- Combine all ingredients in a 6 qt slow cooker.
- Set on low and cook 4-6 hours.