Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe is so TASTY, and one that my sister introduced me to... Goes GREAT with just about any meal, and especially with baked pork chops, chicken, or turkey. Our family LOVES this, and we have been making it for years... Great for Thanksgiving or Christmas too, in place of stuffing!
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Put stuffing mix into a lg. Zip-lock bag, and roll with a rolling pin, to make stuffing into fine crumbs.
- Melt margarine, and mix with the crumbs, in a lg. bowl.
- Put 1/2 crumbs on bottom of a 9x13" pan.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients well.
- Pour squash mixture on top of crumbs. Top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 1 hours.
- You can spoon these into little oblong aluminum pans, and freeze until ready to use.
With an over abundance of summer squash and zucchini, I was thrilled to find this recipe. I have made it a couple of times now and frozen individual tins to be able to have in the fall, when it cools off! Delicious and quick to get ready!
My kids thought this recipe was great and when they are happy eating vegetables I am a happy camper! I bought a whole bunch of zucchini and summer squash, so decided to make some up to freeze to have later on. My DH had 2 helpings and said save this recipe so we can have it again! That is a miracle, because he's not crazy about either vegetable. This was so moist and yummy! I agree this would be great in place of stuffing at Thanksgiving or Christmas, and even more tasteful than many dressings I have had. Thanks for sharing with us!
I think Pepperidge Farm stuffing mix is the best, and it makes this casserole dish good enough to serve to the Pope! We absolutely thought we had died and went to heaven after a few bites. Lord have mercy! Definately a favorite new dish that we will share with friends and family. It's not often a dish really stands out like this, so when one does, I'm going to tell you about it! Outstanding and company worthy!