Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
This recipe is so TASTY, and one that my sister introduced me to... Goes GREAT with just about any meal, and especially with baked pork chops, chicken, or turkey. Our family LOVES this, and we have been making it for years... Great for Thanksgiving or Christmas too, in place of stuffing!
Top Review by MichelliBelli
With an over abundance of summer squash and zucchini, I was thrilled to find this recipe. I have made it a couple of times now and frozen individual tins to be able to have in the fall, when it cools off! Delicious and quick to get ready!
- 1 cup margarine
- 1 (16 ounce) boxpepperidge farm seasoned stuffing mix
- 5 cups summer squash or 5 cups zucchini, grated
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 cup cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325.
- Put stuffing mix into a lg. Zip-lock bag, and roll with a rolling pin, to make stuffing into fine crumbs.
- Melt margarine, and mix with the crumbs, in a lg. bowl.
- Put 1/2 crumbs on bottom of a 9x13" pan.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients well.
- Pour squash mixture on top of crumbs. Top with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake for 1 hours.
- You can spoon these into little oblong aluminum pans, and freeze until ready to use.