1/1 Photo of Joni's Date Logs - Christmas
Linda's Busy Kitchen's Note:
This recipe is from my sister. Our family requests them every holiday season, and it wouldn't be Christmas without them! They are a great addition to your cookie trays and cookie tins to give as gifts to the neighbors, co-workers, friends and family. I hope you will try them, as they truly are fantastic! Word of warning::: These go fast, so make plenty!!! To avoid burning my hands from the hot mixture, I pick up the mixture with a piece of saran wrap, then squeeze it together with my hands and form the log, then roll the log in the coconut. Works great!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Put butter, sugar, dates, and eggs in a heavy bottomed pan. Bring to boil over medium heat, and stir. When it starts to boil, stir constantly (about 10 minutes) until the liquid starts pulling away from the sides of the pan while you are stirring it, then remove from heat.
- 2Add vanilla, walnuts and Rice Krispies, and mix in well.
- 3Butter your hands and put enough mixture in the palm of your hand (about 2 T.). Roll into logs with your hands.The logs should be about 3" long by 1/2" wide. (The mixture will be hot, so be careful and work quickly).
- 4Roll each log in flaked coconut and place on waxed paper until completely cool. Store in a plastic container with cover.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joni's Date Logs - Christmas
Serving Size: 1 (1149 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.0
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 6.3 g
- Cholesterol 22.7 mg
- Sodium 102.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 31.7 g
- Protein 2.0 g