1 hr 55 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Putting here for safekeeping. I am trying to go more vegan these days and this looks fabulous. A filling and hearty loaf, you can slice and use leftovers in sandwiches, casseroles, etc. This is from joniemarie's site justthe food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups vital wheat gluten flour
- 2 cups garbanzo bean flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (can sub all or part whole wheat pastry flour )
- 2/3 cup vegetable stock powder (can use vegetarian chicken flavor)
- 2 -3 cups water
- pesto sauce (sundried tomato flavor, but any pesto will do)
- 2 (6 ounce) boxes storebought seasoned stuffing mix (prepared with vegetable broth)
- 4 cups additional vegetable broth
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Mix together the flours with the vegetable broth powder and slowly add in the water. Start with 2 cups and add more if needed. Knead together until a nice smooth dough ball is formed. Knead for 5 more minutes, and then cover and set aside to rest for 20 minutes.
- 3While it's resting, prepare 2 boxes of storebought stuffing according to package instructions and set aside. (Most boxed stuffings are vegan, infact they are really just a bag of seasoned croutons or bread crumbs so if you have a favorite stuffing recipe, this would be a good place to use it.) Set aside.
- 4After your dough has rested, roll it out on a well floured surface, trying to keep a rectangular shape -- mine ended up being almost as big as the cutting board.
- 5Spread a hearty layer of pesto all over the dough.
- 6Sprinkle on a good amount of prepared stuffing.
- 7Roll it up.
- 8Pour about 2 cups of vegetable broth into a 9 x 13 baking dish, then place the loaf in the dish.
- 9Add the remaining stuffing all around the loaf.
- 10Place in the oven at 350* for about 90 minutes, basting with the remaing broth every 15 minutes or so. You'll know it's done, when it is firm.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Joniemarie's Festivous Loaf
Serving Size: 1 (1305 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 3113.4
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.4 mg
- Sodium 4877.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 483.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.1 g
- Sugars 28.8 g
- Protein 243.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
vegetable stock powder