Recipe by HeatherFeather
From one of my favorite community cookbooks, "Jones Farm Country Kitchen." These are just a simple blueberry muffin, very sweet and scrumptious. Although this calls for fresh blueberries, I have used frozen blueberries in this before without thawing them and they came out great too.
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup blueberries (dredged in a little flour)
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together the dry ingredients.
- Mix in egg and milk and butter,beating well enough to blend through,but also being careful not to overmix or muffins will be tough (this will be a rather stiff dough).
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Using a scoop,fill paper lined or well greased muffin tins 3/4s full and bake in a preheated 375 oven about 25 minutes.