Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
one of darlenes old newspaper clippings . it says from the pastry shop in new yorks city greenwich village called jon vie, this is cake like brownie ,it fills whole jelly roll pan
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml brown sugar
- 158.51 ml corn syrup
- 236.59 ml butter
- 6 eggs
- 170.09 g unsweetened chocolate
- 473.18 ml flour
- 473.18 ml pecan halves
- in large mixing bowl with a wooden spoon mix together the sugars corn syrup and butter ( i used mixer ).
- stir in eggs
- one at time
- until absorbed
- melt chocolate over hot not boiling water
- and stir into sugar mixture until combined
- stir flour to aerate
- stir in flour until just combined
- stir in pecans reserving 1/2 cup for top
- butter jelly roll pan
- turn onto jelly roll pan and spread evenly sprinkle with pecans.
- bake in preheated oven 350 degrees until cake tester comes out clean 20 minutes check at 15 minutes
- cut into bars making 6 evenly spaced cuts on 15 inch side and 5 on 10 inch side.