Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
A buttery, perfect cookie that is not crispy in the least. I mostly just eat the dough, but it's great baked too!
- 2⁄3 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all wet ingredients first.
- Mix dry ingredients (except nuts and chocolate chips) in a separate bowl.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for exactly 9 minutes and remove from oven.
- Let them sit on the cookie sheet for 5-10 minutes and remove to rack to cool.