Recipe by Baby Kato
Who doesn’t enjoy oven baked chicken. This recipe produces juicy, tender, chicken breasts with a nice cornflake/coconut crust, drizzled with a little honey, lime and butter; it will have you licking your fingers.
Top Review by Susie D
I had a table of happy diners! The flavors are incredible & the drizzle puts it over the top. I did use the red pepper flakes and real butter. I also appreciated the detailed instructions. Good instructions do make for a better instructions. Good luck in the contest!
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2.46 ml lime zest
- 118.29 ml wildflower honey (you may substitute other honey)
- 14.79-22.18 ml butter, melted
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (rinse the chicken and pat dry)
- 59.14-118.29 ml evaporated milk
- 118.29 ml flour
- 1.23 ml ground ginger
- 2.46 ml ground garlic powder
- 2.46 ml fine sea salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly scrambled
- 414.03 ml corn flake crumbs (I use Kellogg's cornflake crumb)
- 59.14 ml desiccated coconut
- 1.23-2.46 ml red pepper flakes (optional)
- 29.58 ml butter, melted (for drizzling over chicken) or 29.58 ml olive oil (for drizzling over chicken)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Honey, Lime, Butter Drizzle: In a small bowl combine the honey, melted butter, lime zest and lime juice, blend well and set aside until needed.
- When assembling the chicken, I used two large bowls for the liquid ingredients and two large plates for the flour and cornflake mixtures. I found it easier to coat the chicken this way, but feel free to use bowls if you prefer.
- In the first bowl add the evaporated milk and in the second bowl add the scrambled eggs.
- On the first plate add the flour, ginger, garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper, mixing well and to the second plate add the cornflake crumbs, coconut and red pepper flake if using and mix well.
- Working with one piece of chicken at a time, dip the boneless skinless chicken breast in the evaporated milk, shaking off any excess milk and then dip into the flour mixture.
- Next dip the chicken into the scrambled egg mixture, allowing the excess egg to run off then dip the chicken into the cornflake crumb mixture, pressing the flakes to the chicken to help them stick.
- Finally, transfer the coated chicken to a lightly oiled baking sheet and drizzle the melted butter on top and bake in preheated oven for 25 – 30 minutes, or until the crust is crispy and the chicken is cooked through.
- When ready drizzle the honey, lime and butter mixture over the chicken and serve with a simple green salad for a nice light meal.