1/2 Photos of Jolly Roger Baked Chicken
Baby Kato's Note:
Who doesn’t enjoy oven baked chicken. This recipe produces juicy, tender, chicken breasts with a nice cornflake/coconut crust, drizzled with a little honey, lime and butter; it will have you licking your fingers.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lime, juice of
- 1/2 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/2 cup wildflower honey (you may substitute other honey)
- 1 -1 1/2 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (rinse the chicken and pat dry)
- 1/4-1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 eggs, lightly scrambled
- 1 3/4 cups corn flake crumbs (I use Kellogg's cornflake crumb)
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted (for drizzling over chicken) or 2 tablespoons olive oil (for drizzling over chicken)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 2Honey, Lime, Butter Drizzle: In a small bowl combine the honey, melted butter, lime zest and lime juice, blend well and set aside until needed.
- 3When assembling the chicken, I used two large bowls for the liquid ingredients and two large plates for the flour and cornflake mixtures. I found it easier to coat the chicken this way, but feel free to use bowls if you prefer.
- 4In the first bowl add the evaporated milk and in the second bowl add the scrambled eggs.
- 5On the first plate add the flour, ginger, garlic powder, sea salt and black pepper, mixing well and to the second plate add the cornflake crumbs, coconut and red pepper flake if using and mix well.
- 6Working with one piece of chicken at a time, dip the boneless skinless chicken breast in the evaporated milk, shaking off any excess milk and then dip into the flour mixture.
- 7Next dip the chicken into the scrambled egg mixture, allowing the excess egg to run off then dip the chicken into the cornflake crumb mixture, pressing the flakes to the chicken to help them stick.
- 8Finally, transfer the coated chicken to a lightly oiled baking sheet and drizzle the melted butter on top and bake in preheated oven for 25 – 30 minutes, or until the crust is crispy and the chicken is cooked through.
- 9When ready drizzle the honey, lime and butter mixture over the chicken and serve with a simple green salad for a nice light meal.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jolly Roger Baked Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (214 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 796.3
- Calories from Fat 306
- Total Fat 34.0 g
- Saturated Fat 18.2 g
- Cholesterol 391.9 mg
- Sodium 1320.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 7.1 g
- Protein 64.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: