Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from Midwest Living in their holiday section.
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn kernels, frozen
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1⁄2 cup cornmeal
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Thaw frozen corn.
- Line a 15/10/1 inch pan with foil.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Spread corn in pan, bake at 450 degreen for 10 minutes.
- Stir once while cooking.
- Combine flour, cornmeal, baking powder salt and baking soda in bowl.
- Combine milks in a 2 cup glass measure.
- In large bwoel, cream butter.
- Add egg and beat until well mixed.
- Alternately add flour and milk, beating on low after each addition until well mixed.
- Stir in corn.
- Heat griddle sprayed with cooking spray or 1-2 tbsp olive oil until water dances in skillet.
- For each pancake, put in 2 tbsp batter and spread into a circle.
- Cook over medium heat, turning when pancakes are bubbly on top and edges slightly dry.
- Serve immediately. You can also keep warm in a 300 degree oven.