Recipe by HokiesMom
Found in an old AllYou Magazine (Nov '09). I do not drink alcoholic beverages but have family that enjoy a glass of wine so I thought this might be a nice treat for them during Thanksgiving. Very simple to make and serve.
Top Review by Queen Dana
DH and I both love cranberry juice, so we both really enjoyed this sangria. I am keeping this recipe in mind for the holidays as this would go great with a holiday meal and the cranberries give it a very festive appearance. Made for ZWT 8 for The Fearless.
- 1 (750 ml) bottle zinfandel (or any fruity red wine)
- 4 cups cranberry juice, chilled
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 orange, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 firm apple, cored, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cranberries