Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Really lovely, easy to make cake. I got this from my favourite cake recipe book - "Cake Bible".
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Cream butter, sugar, lemon zest, and eggs.
- Fold in 1/2 the flour, then the whisky & lastly remaining flour.
- Spoon into two greased 18 cm round tins.
- Bake 25mins.
- Allow to cool on a rack.
- For Icing & Filling. Beat together all ingredients.
- Sandwich cake together with 1/2 butter cream & swirl the rest over the top.
We were looking for a different St. Patrick's Day dessert, and this turned out wonderfully! For those comfortable with US measurements, here's what I used in the cake: 1/2 cup unsalted butter, 1 cup packed brown sugar, 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour, 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt (latter three ingredients sifted together). For the icing, I used 1/3 cup of unsalted butter, 1 1/3 cups icing sugar, and a pinch of salt. I also omitted the honey, and added a teaspoon of Scotch. I baked this in a 6 cup bundt pan, at 350 for 25 min. Thanks for sharing a winner!